One of the most common questions I get asked about hiring a virtual assistant (VA) is
“When is the right time for me to hire a virtual assistant?”
There is no simple answer to this question each person and business is different. Not a one size fits all answer available.
However below is a couple of times when other business owners have brought:-
- When it feels right. Go with your gut instinct.
- When you are so snowed under you are only keeping up with work not having time to develop new services and products. (In honest truth this is maybe a little be too late)
- When your staff are complaining they are overworked and can’t keep up – no need to hire another staff member a virtual assistant is a great addition to any business with out the extra payroll obligations.
- When you make the decision to take your business to the next level!
- When first in business an you want to focus on your business not being in your business doing all the mundane everyday tasks.
- Right in the middle of a launch when your launch is not going to plan. (again this is a really stressful time and sometimes too late to effectively bring someone on board, having someone assist with the whole process not only helps reduce your stress but it helps to better preempt issues and two different sets of eyes to check over and double test all the systems.)
When hiring your first virtual assistant look at hiring someone who offers a paid trial run. Be-careful of committing to virtual assistants on retainers as you will be unsure if it is the right fit for your business (some people can not get a grip on not having employees in their office and struggle with remote workers, others just simply prefer to have someone they can interact with in their office / home) and you will need to establish exactly what you are outsourcing in your business and how much time you will need them for.
Remember sometimes you may need more then one virtual assistant there is nothing wrong with hiring people based on their areas of expertise and skill set. You don’t want a “Jack of all trades – Master of none”.
Are you ready to hire your very own Virtual Assistant?