In this week’s weekly round-up, we cover Pinterest and Instagram updates, how to run a Facebook competition and changes to Gmail.
When the delivery truck brings your new office chair !!!
How to Run a Facebook Competition in Western Australia
One of my pet peeves is organisations that are set up and usually government funded that are suppose to be assisting small businesses, teaching them and guiding them – doing something that violates a platforms T&C’s and some times even state laws!
These organisations need to remember that small businesses look up to them and see them as an “authority” on how to do the right thing in business.
If they are unsure they need to get themselves caught up, we are in 2018 if you’re unsure you can usually find the answer online.
Common errors I see:-
– Social media competitions that require the sharing, liking and tagging. Not only are these against most social media platforms T&C’s (here’s Facebook’s if you have not read them yet https://www.facebook.com/policies/pages_groups_events/#) but they do not offer a fair competition as people with private profiles their shares will not be shown so therefore they will get no entry into the competition when they believed they did.
– No correct rules or T&C’s listed about the competition.
– Sharing of “false news” without first researching and confirming it is true.
– Incorrect email marketing set up – no unsubscribe, not removing people when requested.
As a small business owner PLEASE do your research and don’t assume because someone who should know better is doing it, means it is correct.
All the information is available online, take the time to research and to cover yourself.
The post from Digital Union is to help understand some of the different aspects of competitions and what they all mean. Make sure you always look for the most up to date information (this blog post was written in 2016). How to Run a Facebook competition in Western Australia
Do you participate in mastermind sessions?
How to upgrade your Instagram account to the new Instagram Business Profile
By now I am sure you have seen the buzz about the new Instagram Business Profile that now allow you to see insights for your Instagram account without the need of 3rd party software.
The new features and the ability to actually see how well your posts are going is a huge improvement.
- Contact Button
- Ability to promote good performing posts (eg: turn them into ads or boosting similar to Facebook Pages features)
Read more information on how you can upgrade to the new features; How to upgrade your Instagram account to the new Instagram Business Profile
New changes and a huge redesign to Gmail
What do you think of the new feature?
Check out the post on news.com.au blog; Huge Gmail redesign lets you send self-destructing emails
Facebook is expanding their appeals process
Facebook is expanding their appeals process for content that is moderated and removed.
Do you think the new changes and guidelines will work?
Read more information from this post on WERSM blog; Facebook Publishes Its Internal Enforcement Guidelines And Expands Its Appeals Process
You can now upload Multiple Photos and Videos at Once on Instagram Stories
Instagram has introduced the ability to upload multiple photos and videos at once in their Stories feature.
Who loves this new feature?
Will be a big time saver for most businesses.
Check out this post on WERSM about the new feature; You can now upload Multiple Photos and Videos at Once on Instagram Stories
Pinterest Business Profiles Get a Brand New Design
New changes to Pinterest Business Profiles are slowing being rolled out.
Do you like the new changes?
What changes do you hope that Pinterest will bring out?
Read more information about the new changes on WERSM blog; Pinterest Business Profiles Get a Brand New Design