Wondering if you can post on Instagram from your laptop, the answer is yes.
There’s an easy hack that’s let you enjoy posting on the platform using your computer so you can now type faster, save your time and so much more. What’s more? You get to post even videos (not just photos). This will work best on Safari and Google Chrome browsers. Let’s jump right in;
Posting with Google Chrome
- Click on the menu on the top right side near the close button. Scroll down to more tools then select ‘Developer tools.’
- A window will open on the right side. Click on the ‘Toggle device toolbar’ (shown by the arrow in the photo below)
- A window will open on the left side>click on the responsive drop-down menu and select iPhone
- Reload the page while still open.
- Enjoy posting on Instagram from your Chrome browser.
How to post on from Safari
- Open your Safari browser; make sure you can see the developer menu on your browser. If not go to settings>preferences>advanced then click on ‘Show Developer Menu.’
- Go to the Develop menu on the top bar>User agent> ‘Safari-iOS-iPhone.’ This step lets the browser display any website as it would on iPhone. Login to your Instagram account. Instagram’s responsive code will believe you’re on an iPhone thus unlocking iOS app features. You can now post on Instagram! Pretty simple, right?
You’ll be in a position to post (.jpg) photos, tag other users, edit captions and effectively search any hashtags. However, to add your location, you’ll have to enable location sharing features on your phone.