Affiliate marketing is many bloggers preferred choice when it comes to monetising their blogs.
It allows you to pick products and services that are in alignment with your business / blog.
Unlike most ad network providers where you usually don’t get to choose exactly what is promoted on your website / blog.
In this blog we will go through the basics to get you started with Affiliate Marketing.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is the process of earning a commission by promoting other people’s (or company’s) products or services.
How to find businesses that offer affiliates?
There are Affiliate Marketing Networks / Platforms that have a range of businesses on offer for you to choose from,
You normally need to apply for an account and then apply to be an affiliate for the businesses that you feel are the best fit for your business / blog.a
Or if there is a product or service that really resinates with you contact the business and ask if they have an affiliate program or referral program if you refer their products or service.
Always remember to read the fine print of any Affiliate Agreements that you sign up for, some times there is limitations on how you can promote certain products / services or when you are allowed to promote them.
Important to remember
Don’t forget that the same as with any other form of advertising you are required to comply with certain laws depending on where you are based.
Below is some helpful links and information on disclaimer requirements, and why disclaimers are important.
Don’t forget to check the Affiliate network / platforms own requirements for disclaimers.
Only promote the products / services from business that you 100% believe in and would use yourself.
Don’t ask people to buy, instead let them know why you like the product / service, what you have gained from using the product / service or educate them on how it can benefit them.
Affiliate Marketing Networks / Platforms
*** Some of the links below are affiliate link some platforms offer payment or additional features for referrals.***
- Activate by Bloglovin’
- Adproval – Brand and Influencer connection website.
- Amazon Affiliates Program – “Earn advertising fees from Qualifying Purchases, not just the products you advertised.”
- CJ Affiliate – This platform takes affiliate marketing serious and will close down your account if you are inactive or not generating the level of traffic they require.
- Clickbank – A large range of products to choose from.
- Ebates – Offers participants cash back on particular sales and referral bonuses.
- eBay Partner Network – June 2016 promotion – Join and get double income for your first 3 months
- iTunes Affiliate Program –
- ShareASale – Affiliate platform with over 3,000 merchants
- VigLink – A little bit different to the other platforms. “Simply add one line of code to your site, and VigLink automatically turns existing links on your pages into revenue generating links. VigLink can also insert new links on relevant terms and phrases to capture purchase intent.”
Are you a member of an Affiliate Network that you love?
We would love to hear what is working for you and if you have tried others with no success.